Teeth-In-One-Day, All-On-Four Dental Implants Vancouver
Implant dentistry has been rapidly progressing in the last decade, and nowadays, the replacement of the entire teeth in the jaw can be done on 4 or more number of implants with a fixed implant supported prosthesis.
The All-on-4 treatment concept is a fixed prosthodontic approach for replacement of the entire upper or lower teeth with a fixed prosthesis on just four dental implants.
A lot of people are seeking All-on-4 dental implants, but not all of them are making informed decisions.
All-on-4 dental implants are an amazing procedure, but they’re also very complex. In this approach, four long angled implants are placed cross arch and the final prosthesis/Implant denture will be screwed on the implants. This approach is mostly advised for individuals who have limited bone available for implant placement and they are not willing or they cannot go for advance bone grafting/sinus floor elevation procedures to get more dental implants.
Teeth-In-One-Day, All-On-Four Dental Implants
The main advantages of ALL-On -Four implants for full arch reconstruction:
- No need for bone graft or sinus elevation surgery
- Fewer uncomfortable surgical procedures
- Possible immediate prosthesis delivery and loading
- More affordable per reduced number of implants
- Saving the money and time of dental chair
The main drawbacks of All-On-4 Dental Implants for full arch reconstruction:
- Less number of implants/ higher risk of mechanical complications
- Smaller prosthesis/ up to first molar will be replaced with the prosthesis
- Complex procedure
- The delivered prosthesis at the time of surgery will be temporary, the final prosthesis can be delivered after 3-4 months healing period.
- If one implant fails, the whole implant prosthesis will fail, because this concept is designed to be supported with exactly 4 implants. While in all on more implants (5-7), if one implant fails, you still have other implants across the arch supporting your teeth.
Important factors/tips to consider with all-on-4 dental implants:
- All- on four is a complex treatment modality and should be done with expert recognized board-certified specialists in prosthodontics and periodontics or oral surgeons who have done enough research about this method and are aware of individual selection criterial. You need to look into the credentials of the individual dentist performing the treatment. Be aware, an experience knowledgeable practitioner never provides guaranty for medical/dental procedures.
- Are you a candidate for All-on-four implant or all on more (i.e.: 5 or 6)implants? There is no doubt, with all-on-4 concept, with least work, maximum results can be accomplished if you are a good candidate, but, occasionally, more implants may be better. It is likely that restoring the entire arch on 4 implants can be considered for many individuals after complete assessment of medical/dental history and local factors. More number of implants are recommended in situations such as parafunction habits (grinding and clenching) or poor bone quality. The greater number of implants, the better force distribution and eventually the better long-term treatment outcome. More implants means more support across the thorough arch of teeth.
- Be aware of the dentist credential who offer All on 4 implants, ask about all alternative options instead of All-on-4.
- Research on brand of the implants. There are many implant companies in the market. Some of them are very well known and have shown highest success rate. Keep in mind, implants companies do not make implants equally. The implant’s brand must show reliability, durability and success rate. Verify the quality of implants before starting treatment. Resolving the complications, will be expensive and uncomfortable. Two top brands in All in 4 concept are Straumann and Nobel Biocare.
- Request the implants certificates after surgery. This information will be crucial in the future should you need to replace implant prosthesis or use the implant warranty in the future.
- “Teeth in a day” is not an option for all individual. To be able to be a candidate for immediate loading at the time of implant insertion, you should have a good bone quality. Have realistic expectations. Many few people are eligible for “teeth in a day.