7 Tips to Taking Care of Your Dentures
Oral Exams and Denture Maintenance
Below is an accounting of everything that you need to know about maintaining denture health with the help of Vancouver Dental Speciality Clinic:
- Review of Your Medical and Dental History - Keep our clinic updated in regards to your medical and dental history. Significant changes could be critical to maintaining your oral health and well-being. A variety of medical and dental conditions can alter a dentures fit.
- Oral Exam - Annual or semi-annual oral cavity examinations can assist in detecting oral abnormalities including cancerous and pre-cancerous lesions. Early detection of these conditions is generally beneficial for treatment.
- Tissue and Bone - Poorly fitting dentures may cause bone and tissue changes and need to be corrected for your oral health. Vancouver Dental Specialty Clinic will perform a tissue and bone assessment and recommend solutions to suit your personal needs.
- Comfort, Fit, and Integrity of Dentures - Poorly fitting dentures can also cause bite problems, speech impediments and tissue irritations. Ignoring any of the above can lead to future complications. Dr. Zaeimdar and her team will assess your dentures for cracks, chips, and broken or loose teeth and suggest the most effective solution possible.
- Cleaning and Polishing of Your Dentures - In addition to denture cleaning and polishing, we’ll perform a complete oral hygiene review. You’ll leave our clinic feeling refreshed, confident, and healthy!
For more information about denture care and maintenance or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Zaeimdar/Prosthodontist, Dr. Jeffrey M.Coil/Endodontist, Dr. Noroozi/Periodontist, Dr. Rajan Saini/Oral Medicine Oral Pathologist, or our new Oral Surgeon, call our office in Point grey Vancouver, BC at 604-336-0958.