Your first visit will include a comprehensive oral exam by Dr. Faranak Zaeimdar. She is a board certified specialist in Prosthetic Dentistry. Prosthodontics is one of the 9 official dental specialities recognized by both the American Dental Association and the Royal College of Dentist of Canada. It is the speciality of diagnosis and treatment planning of dental problems, restoring natural teeth, creating and placing natural-looking substitute or prosthetic teeth, and dental implants.
Less than 2% of all dentists are prosthodontists.
A Prosthodontist is a specialist dentist who has spent an additional 3 years in full-time study beyond the training in general dentistry. Prosthodontists are trained to restore your mouth comprehensively using specialist knowledge and skills together with the latest techniques and modern materials. Their aim is to get your mouth fully restored to optimal function and appearance and in so doing, help you to maintain your teeth for as long as possible and reduce the need for future dental treatment.
Our clinic’s prosthodontist has expertise in:
In a dental emergency, it would the best to have your immediate problem to be addressed with the specialist in the field. Do you know what to do when you have a cracked tooth, severe tooth pain or find yourself in one of the other emergency situations listed below? As dental specialists we are experts in saving teeth. The sooner you see us, the sooner you can be free of pain!
- Diagnosis and Treatment of oral problems
- Replacement of missing tooth/teeth with Dental Implants
- Restoring the broken teeth due to cavities or trauma
- Smile make over
- Full mouth rehabilitation
- Crown and bridge
- Treatment of tooth /teeth wear
- Jaw and bite problems
- Ceramic Veneers
- Treatment of the failing dentition
- Diagnosis and Treatment of complex oral problems
New Patient Exam
Your first appointment would be a comprehensive exam including:
- Digital Diagnostic X-rays (minimal radiation)
- Digital intra- and extra-oral photographs
- Head and Neck Lymph node Evaluation
- TMJ and Muscle Evaluation
- Intra-Oral Cancer Screen
- Occlusion (Bite) Evaluation
- Thorough Periodontal Evaluation
- Thorough investigation of possible tooth decay, infection, or other associated problems.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your referral slip and any x-rays if applicable. You do not need a doctor’s referral to make an appointment for any of our services.
- A list of medications you are currently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit. Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
If you have any additional questions about your visit to our Point Grey clinic on West Broadway, call us at 604-336-0958.