A variety of circumstance can lead to a damaged denture and should be addressed immediately. Some common causes are addressed below:
- Receiving poorly designed dentures and/or an ineffective procedure from a less reputable clinic.
- Improper alignment from the beginning, or over time as your gum tissue changes.
- Dropping dentures on to a hard surface from the sink or nightstand (etc.)
- Wear and tear that occurs over time. Remember, you should receive a semi-annual oral examination to ensure your dentures are in good working order.
- An uneven or forceful bite.
Repairs restore a fractured or damaged denture close to its original condition. Vancouver Dental Specialty Clinic can often provide denture repair procedures mostly on a same day basis.
Denture rebasing is a process where which a specialist will replace the entire denture base material on an existing prosthesis. Rebasing is typically done when the denture teeth have not worn out, whereas the denture base material has. Essentially, it is a retrofitting of dentures that involves replacing all of the acrylic denture base with new acrylic, which provides a stable denture without replacing the denture teeth.
If you have any questions about detail repair or rebasing, contact Vancouver Dental Specialty Clinic at at 604-336-0958.