Smile make over, what to expect and what to avoid?
Smile make over or improvement is a procedure in which your smile will be designed and characterized by considering your facial profile, expectations while maintaining your dental/oral health.
What can be improved with smile make over?
- Stained teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Short, chipped, worn teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Uneven gum
- Spacing/gaps in teeth
- Missing/rutted teeth due to crystal meth mouth
- Gummy smile
- Worn down/cavitated teeth
Who should I see for smile make over?
Prosthodontists are recognized specialists in smile make over and full mouth reconstruction. The initial consultation involves throughout examination of your mouth, teeth, gum, and smile. The goals must be clear from the beginning. In most cases, digital smile design or wax-up/mockup will be used to visualize the result of the treatment in advance.
Every person is different and every smile make over is quite unique. Detailed photos of a person smile with different facial expressions usually are taken. These photos combined with intra oral records help to design a smile that’s completely customized to the individual face.
What procedures may be advised for smile make over?
Smile makeover treatment plans typically include one or more of these common dental procedures.
- Teeth whitening
- Bonded restorations/dental bondings
- Ceramic/Porcelain Veneers
- Dental Crown
- Dental Implant
- Gum recontouring/reshaping
- Gum reduction
- Gum graft
What are the pros and cons of a smile makeover?
- a beautiful smile with bright, aligned, and proportionate teeth.
- Improve lip support
- Improve confidence
- Improve social life
- May require multi discipline approach such as orthodontics and prosthodontics.
- Multiple procedures can add up, so smile makeovers can be expensive.
- Any surgical procedure requires healing period.